The City of Charlotte is seeking a company to provide the provision of brand development, marketing strategy, development, graphic design, website design and development, and other related services for developing and implementing a recruitment campaign for the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department(CMPD). The Company shall be able to manage all campaign services in-house, and provide a comprehensive plan to include media buying, creative development, strategic advisement, etc.
Creative Services for Storm Water Services
Charlotte‐Mecklenburg Storm Water Services (CMSWS) conducts four educational campaigns to raise awareness of the effects of individual behavior on surface water quality, volunteer opportunities to protect local waterways, flood safety, and storm drainage infrastructure throughout the City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County.
- Surface Water Quality Education Campaign – Messages focus on surface water quality, stormwater, watershed awareness and pollution prevention.
- Flood Safety Education Campaign – Messages focus on floodplains, flood risks, flood insurance and storm preparation.
- Volunteer Education Campaign – Messages focus on volunteer opportunities to improve conditions that affect water quality and flooding.
- Storm Drainage Infrastructure Education Campaign – Messages focus on how drainage infrastructure carries rainwater throughout our community, storm drainage improvement projects, and the importance of repairing and replacing infrastructure to support a thriving city.
Each year, CMSWS prepares a strategic plan that summarizes the activities and strategies for the upcoming fiscal year. The selected firm(s) will assist in the development and implementation of this plan.
Media Services for Storm Water Services
In compliance with the EPA’s Clean Water Act and FEMA’s Community Rating System, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Storm Water Services (CMSWS) works to raise awareness of stormwater, flood safety, and the effects of individual behavior on surface water quality throughout the City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County. CMSWS conducts the water quality, flood safety, and volunteer educational campaigns specifically to:
(1) increase public awareness of surface water quality issues, flood risks and flood safety;
(2) increase public action/volunteer efforts that reduce surface water pollution;
(3) increase reporting of surface water pollution problems;
(4) satisfy a Federal requirement to increase public awareness and involvement in activities aimed to reduce stormwater pollution; and
(5) satisfy a Federal requirement to increase public awareness and involvement aimed to protect lives and property from flooding.
In addition to current campaigns, CMSWS is considering a new educational campaign to increase public awareness of aging storm drainage infrastructure and the importance of repairing and replacing infrastructure to support a thriving city. CMSWS is also interested in enhancing communications to effectively describe the impacts of our work and to contribute to the campaign goals described above.
CMSWS is seeking a firm(s) to provide media buying services for its ongoing educational campaigns.