The objective of this RFP is to solicit Proposals that will enable the City to determine which Company and Proposed Solution will best meet the City’s needs for securing consulting services for the Internal Audit Department. The Consultant(s) shall be established, qualified, and experienced audit or consulting firms capable of providing internal audit resources, support, and consultation in the areas of local government along with emerging internal audit issues.
The City of Charlotte (“City”) will be seeking professional consulting services for strategic planning, research, analysis, and development to advance more streamlined and effective local government operations.
The Consultant(s) shall be established, qualified, and experienced consulting firms capable of providing versatile strategic planning resources, support, and consultation in the local government arena.
The Consultant(s) must be capable of performing various tasks, up to and including, but not limited to:
- Providing strategic planning for various City departments, programs, services, initiatives, and activities;
- Providing expert- and research-based advice on strategic development, capacity building, business strategies, and process improvement;
- Conducting operational analyses, assessments, and audits in an effort to ascertain organizational effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement. Analyses and assessments may involve such areas as operational effectiveness and accountability, organizational structure and performance, resource management and alignment, change management, workforce needs and development, succession planning, and management practices;
- Analyzing, developing, and implementing management strategies, to include but not be limited to, crisis management, protection of the City brand, and reinforcing City relationships;
- Conducting surveys regarding the City’s reputation and perception by residents, employees, customers, local business partners, regional partners, and other stakeholders;
- Conducting market research based on current market trends and best practices among peer cities, at a minimum;
- Facilitating and/or conducting strategic mapping initiatives, to include benchmarking metrics;
- Assisting City staff in testing and implementing strategy map recommendations;
- Facilitating and supporting strategic conversations, meetings, trainings, focus groups, and retreats with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Providing appropriate support as requested for special projects as assigned by the City Manager or designee.
The City is interested in Consultants who have experience in any of the following service areas, at a minimum: diversity and inclusion, economic development, human resources, information technology, public safety, social justice, sustainability and resiliency, and workforce needs and development.
The purpose of this PSR is to procure a Safety and Security consultant for the Pre-Project Development and Project Development phase of the LYNX Silver Line. This scope of work is currently in the LYNX Silver Line Design RFQ currently being advertised, however it has been determined that it is in CATS interest to directly contract with the safety and security vendor to ensure there are no conflicts of interest and to ensure continuity with CATS Safety and Security program. Therefore it is recommended to remove this scope from the Silver Line Design RFQ and reassign that scope to this contract.
General Scope of Service
1. Prepare a schedule of all Pre-Project Development and Project Development activities for incorporation into the Project Master Schedule
2. Develop the project Safety and Security Certification Plan (SSCP) using CATS Agency Safety Plan and previous SSCP provided by CATS.
3. Develop the project Safety and Security Management Plan (SSMP) using CATS Agency Safety Plan and SSMP from previous projects provided by CATS.
4. Provide Safety and Security Certification training to project staff as requested by CATS.
5. Perform a Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA)
6. Perform a Threat and Vulnerability Assessment (TVA)
7. Perform Safety and Security Design Reviews for the 30% and 65% design milestones as well as design development workshops, as requested by CATS.
8. Update the Safety and Security Chapter of the current LYNX Blue Line Design Criteria, for the LYNX Silver Line
9. Provide information as requested by the design team in the development of the Safety and Security Chapter of LYNX Silver Line Draft and Final Environmental Impact Statement
10. Participate in preparation and review of other Design Criteria chapters, as requested by CATS
11. Develop Design Criteria Conformance Checklists (DCCC), Safety Critical Items Lists (SCILs) and Certifiable Items List (CIL)
12. Develop and manage a database to track PHA’s, CIL’s, SCILs and OHAs, as requested by CATS.
13. Attend Safety and Security Certification Review Committee (SSRC), Fire Life Safety and Security Committee (FLSC), Project Management Team (PMT), Project Oversight Consultant (PMOC), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Peer Review meetings, and other meetings requested by CATS.
14. Attend Value Engineering (VE) meetings and provide the Office of Safety & Security updates on risks associated with VE decisions
15. Review pre-revenue test plans, systems integration testing (SIT) plans , operating and safety rules as requested by CATS.
16. Develop safety and security monthly reports for CATS management to submit to NCODT and FTA.
The City of Charlotte is seeking Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) information from Software Providers with proven experience in the public sector for the functional areas of budget, human resources, finance, procurement, project and grant cost accounting. The City’s vision is to implement an integrated software solution to process, report, and store information; facilitate delivery of services and activities through better financial management, improved business processes and better information for decision making.
This Request for Information (RFI) is NOT intended to award a contract, rather to gain information.