Charlotte Area Transit System / General Services
S70 Articulation Maintenance Evaluation
Posting Number 2023-Q1(Jan-Mar)-CATS-10675
Anticipated Posting Date 2023-01-06
Commodity Code(s): 55900, 94061
Rail Car Maintenance requires the following service performed on two selected LRVs:
Scope of Work:
- The 2 (two) oldest or highest mileage vehicles will be selected by CATS.
- Vendor will provide personnel will remove and replace two LRV center truck bearings (4 four center articulation bearings) with new units. All parts and special tools will be provided by the vendor.
- The vendor will coordinate and ship the removed bearings to an independent lab for analysis. The data obtained from the investigation will be compared to a new unit, and the mileage or bearing lifetime remaining will be estimated. The recommendation will be submitted to CATS
- The vendor will issue a letter to CATS with maintenance action recommendations and intervals based on analysis results.
- This is for purchasing, replacing, and analysis of 4 (four) center articulation bearings.