Charlotte Water / Architectural / Engineering Services
Franklin Water Treatment Plant (WTP) Design and Construction Administration Services
Posting Number 2023-Q3(Jul-Sep)-CW-12044
Anticipated Posting Date 2023-07-06
Commodity Code(s): 92500
Solicitation Link: https://charlottenc.bonfirehub.com/opportunities/100078
Charlotte Water requesting proposals from qualified companies interested in providing design and construction administrative services for the Franklin WTP Residuals Project
- Alum cake storage and conveyance system from the alum belt filter press building. Increasing storage capacity, belt condition/layout, etc.
- New backwash residuals clarifier with stainless steel clarifier mechanism and associated piping. Diameter of new clarifier to be 100 foot in diameter. Provide new motor control center and switch gear for the existing residual clarifiers. Existing large clarifier must remain in service throughout construction.
- Evaluation of additional thickener at plant.
- Residuals polymer system upgrade – new feed system and tanks and potential expansion of existing dewatering building for accommodation of new equipment or added chemical storage.
- Provide a pump station and force main to convey residuals clarifier effluent to the raw water reservoirs. Cost savings analysis.
- Dry polymer feed system for flocculation/sedimentation for east and west plant.
- Addition of an isolation valve at backwash residuals clarifier.
- Clarifier sludge pump evaluation.