Charlotte Area Transit System / Architectural / Engineering Services
Engineering Consultant Services-East West Station
Posting Number 2021-Q3(Jul-Sep)-CATS-5570
Anticipated Posting Date 2021-08-01
Commodity Code(s): 91842, 92536
Provide engineering support services for the modification of OCS equipment in the East/West Station area as part of an adjacent development agreement. Because of the developer’s expedited schedule, we need a contract for immediate assistance.
CATS Blue Line OCS retrofit at East/West Station Scope of Service
The intent of this scope is to provide CATS with owner’s representative services in facilitating oversight for the retrofitting of OCS equipment in the East/West Station platform area as a result of adjacent development project.
- Scope of Work:
- Develop a framework of deliverables for required engineering documents from developer.
- Provide developer with design standards and guidelines for proposed OCS equipment.
- Review developer submitted engineering documents and plans (90% and conformed plans) to ensure compliance with CATS O&M procedures and design criteria as well as industry guidelines and standards:
- OCS Plan Sheets review
- Review Specifications for OCS equipment
- Construction schedule, staging and phasing plan review
- Review OCS loading conditions for any new or temporary infrastructure
- Provide feedback/input regarding OCS equipment maintenance
- Provide feedback/input regarding maintenance agreement with building owner
- Provide feedback/input regarding developer agreement and exhibits
- Review OCS structural attachment to building
- Review pedestrian loading and egress impacts due to the proposed development
- Attend meetings
- Support during construction
- The developer will provide all necessary documents to perform a thorough review of the proposed modifications.
- Design phase duration of 1 years.
- CATS will have final approval for any and all OCS work.
- 10 meetings during design phase.
- Support during construction dependent on funding availability.
Review period of 2 weeks from the time of receipt of any documents.
Automobile-For automobile operations liability
Errors & Omissions / Professional Liability-For negligence or failure to perform in a professional capacity
General Liability-For bodily injury or property damage, arising from products, premises, completed work, personal & advertising injury
Workers Compensation-For lost wages and medical expenses of injured workers
$10,000 - 49,999
to be determined
Through Project Completion