Economic Development / General Services
Central/Albemarle Corridor Small Business Ecosystem Assessment – CANCELLED
Posting Number 2021-Q2(Apr-Jun)--4717
Anticipated Posting Date 2021-04-03
Commodity Code(s): 91820
The City of Charlotte has prioritized investments in six key corridors known as the “Corridors of Opportunity”. The goal is to provide high-quality public services that build opportunity in these corridors, which are rich in history and pride. The City of Charlotte is creating fertile ground for prosperity by bolstering community programs and projects; building on the momentum of past investments; and filling in gaps in infrastructure and transportation, workforce and business development, housing and code enforcement, public safety, and urban design.
As part of this work, the City of Charlotte is issuing this RFP to solicit a qualified firm to complete a small business ecosystem assessment for the Central/Albemarle corridor. The project boundaries are from the intersection of Albemarle Road/Sharon Amity Road to Albemarle Road/Lawyers Road. This area consists of a diversity of small business types along three main commercial areas. There are over 11 languages spoken along this corridor and a high presence of immigrant-owned small businesses. There are also indications that artists are moving into the Central/Albemarle corridor in search of less expensive rents.
Specific elements of the assessment should include:
- Identify the main industries in the project area and any shifts or trends happening within the ecosystem.
- Identify challenges, strengths, and opportunities of small businesses and the various commercial locations along the designated corridor.
- Identify stakeholders and partners in the project area.
- Identify the stage of growth of small businesses in the project area, number of employees, business profitability, and presence of small business succession planning.
- Provide short-term (24 months), mid-term (2-5 years), and long-term (5+ years) recommendations of programs and services for the designated area that help existing businesses thrive and create environments for new business startup.
- Present findings to stakeholder groups identified by the City
- Provide a timeline for project completion.
If you are interested in bidding on this work please send a proposal for the work listed above, along with examples of similar work you have done, by April 5, 2021. If you have any questions contact Christi Floyd, email@example.com
Follow This Opportunity!
Get updates on this opportunity by following the hashtag on Twitter or Facebook!Tweets by EarlyBirdCLT