This contract is for the provision of a qualified Company to assist the City of Charlotte Fire Department (CFD) with yearly rank testing, specifically developing and implementing the testing materials for yearly Promotional Processes for the ranks of Entry Level (EL), Fire Fighters (FF), Captain, Engineer, Battalion Chief, and Division Chief. Multiple processes may be run over the course of a calendar year depending upon the needs of CFD.
The City of Charlotte (“City”) will be seeking professional consulting services for strategic planning, research, analysis, and development to advance more streamlined and effective local government operations.
The Consultant(s) shall be established, qualified, and experienced consulting firms capable of providing versatile strategic planning resources, support, and consultation in the local government arena.
The Consultant(s) must be capable of performing various tasks, up to and including, but not limited to:
- Providing strategic planning for various City departments, programs, services, initiatives, and activities;
- Providing expert- and research-based advice on strategic development, capacity building, business strategies, and process improvement;
- Conducting operational analyses, assessments, and audits in an effort to ascertain organizational effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement. Analyses and assessments may involve such areas as operational effectiveness and accountability, organizational structure and performance, resource management and alignment, change management, workforce needs and development, succession planning, and management practices;
- Analyzing, developing, and implementing management strategies, to include but not be limited to, crisis management, protection of the City brand, and reinforcing City relationships;
- Conducting surveys regarding the City’s reputation and perception by residents, employees, customers, local business partners, regional partners, and other stakeholders;
- Conducting market research based on current market trends and best practices among peer cities, at a minimum;
- Facilitating and/or conducting strategic mapping initiatives, to include benchmarking metrics;
- Assisting City staff in testing and implementing strategy map recommendations;
- Facilitating and supporting strategic conversations, meetings, trainings, focus groups, and retreats with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Providing appropriate support as requested for special projects as assigned by the City Manager or designee.
The City is interested in Consultants who have experience in any of the following service areas, at a minimum: diversity and inclusion, economic development, human resources, information technology, public safety, social justice, sustainability and resiliency, and workforce needs and development.
The City of Charlotte is seeking a vendor to provide benefits system and administrative services to the City of Charlotte employees and retirees related to the benefits offered to City employees. The City currently offers a wide range of benefits, including medical, pharmaceutical, advocacy, dental, vision, medical clinic and wellness, long-term and short-term disability (LTD/STD), life insurance, employee assistance program (EAP), retiree health reimbursement account (HRA), and other voluntary benefits.
The City’s benefit administrator will provide system and support data management, compliance, account management, and communications related to health, wellness, and voluntary benefits.
The city is seeking services to apply a behavioral science approach to the city’s officer recruitment process and residency incentives. The service provider should have experience applying behavioral science in the public safety, specifically the law enforcement sector and demonstrated impact. This work will address Recommendation 6 – Recruitment and Residency, as adopted in the SAFE Charlotte report by Charlotte City Council on October 26, 2020.